We understand you may have questions about the live sheep export sector. We have created the following FAQs to help discuss some of the more common questions we are asked. We plan on continually adding to these to be as open and transparent about the sector.
There are also a number resources available online, to help you find out more about the industry.
- Australian livestock Export Association (ALEC) – http://auslivestockexport.com/
- LiveCorp – www.liveCorp.com.au
- Save Live Export (Pastoral Graziers Association) – https://www.liveexports.com.au/
- Live Export Facts (National Farmers Federation) – https://www.liveexportfacts.com/
- Department of Agriculture and water resources http://www.agriculture.gov.au/export/controlled-goods/live-animals/livestock
The Sheep Collective was developed to provide some clarity about the live sheep trade on behalf of our Western Australian farmers, truck drivers, vets and industry representatives. We hope this helps provide you with some of the sector facts and why the health and welfare of our sheep is so important to us.